At Fonda-Fultonville, the Board of Education works in partnership with the district’s community to empower and challenge every student to become a lifelong learner and a responsible citizen.
Board policies available on BoardDocs
The Fonda-Fultonville Central School District is now using BoardDocs to share its policies. All policies can be accessed at https://go.boarddocs.com/
FFCS BOE meetings to be held in-person
The Fonda-Fultonville Central School District will hold its Board of Education meetings in-person. Board of Education meetings will continue to be held in the FFCSD Auditorium. Please note that these meetings will be open to the general public. Any person looking to attend must continue to follow social distancing guidelines while on school grounds. Attendees should sit at least three seats away from others.
Agenda materials for the regular meeting can be found on BoardDocs at https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/ffcsd/Board.nsf/Public.
Community members can share comments for the record prior to the meeting by emailing them to District Clerk Lori Maves firstname.lastname@example.org.
To date, meetings held since March have been livestreamed. You can access those meetings here:
- March 23 meeting video
- March 23 meeting transcription
- April 22 meeting video
- May 18 meeting video
- June 16 meeting video
- June 22 meeting video
- July 7 meeting video
- Aug. 24 meeting video
- Sept. 10 meeting video
- Sept. 28 meeting video
- Oct. 8 meeting video
- Nov. 23 meeting video
- Dec. 21 meeting video
- Jan. 25 meeting video
- Jan. 29 meeting video
- Feb. 1 meeting video
- Feb. 22 meeting video
- March 2 meeting video
- March 22 meeting video
- April 21 meeting video
The Fonda-Fultonville Central School District Board of Education is a seven-member board made up of unsalaried citizens elected to serve three-year terms.
- Matt Sullivan, President, term expires on June 30, 2022
- Bonnie Couture, Vice President, term expires on June 30, 2022
- Domenic DiNatale, term expires on June 30, 2024
- Dennis Egelston, term expires on June 30, 2024
- Michelle Isabella, term expires on June 30, 2024
- Michael Lewis, term expires on June 30, 2023
- John Wiltey, term expires on June 30, 2023
Duties of the Board
The board’s powers and duties are derived from the New York State Constitution, the laws of New York State and the rulings of the New York State Commissioner of Education. The Board of Education’s main areas of responsibility are:
- Establish district policies.
- Develop an annual budget for public approval.
- Vote on the Superintendent’s recommendations on personnel matters and contracts.
- Review courses of study and textbooks.
- Act as a communication link between residents and the Superintendent.
Procedures of the Board
- No person or group of persons acts in the name of the board.
- All motions require a majority vote before the Board can act.
- A board member is in an official capacity only during an official Board meeting.
- The Board employs a Superintendent who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the district and administration of Board policies.
- The Superintendent develops policies, programs and plans for Board action.
Goals of the Board
- All students will graduate college and career ready by meeting or exceeding the state standards.
- Develop a long-term financial plan that encompasses fiscally responsible budgeting while addressing the needs of students and taxpayers.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in promoting collaboration, parent involvement, community partnership, and student achievement.