At Fonda-Fultonville, the Board of Education works in partnership with the district’s community to empower and challenge every student to become a lifelong learner and a responsible citizen.
The Fonda-Fultonville Central School District Board of Education is a seven-member board made up of unsalaried citizens elected to serve three-year terms.
- Matt Sullivan, President, term expires on June 30, 2022
- Bonnie Couture, Vice President, term expires on June 30, 2022
- Domenic DiNatale, term expires on June 30, 2021
- Dennis Egelston, term expires on June 30, 2020
- Frederick Hidde, term expires on June 30, 2021
- Michelle Isabella, term expires on June 30, 2021
- Michael Lewis, term expires on June 30, 2020
Duties of the Board
The board’s powers and duties are derived from the New York State Constitution, the laws of New York State and the rulings of the New York State Commissioner of Education. The Board of Education’s main areas of responsibility are:
- Establish district policies.
- Develop an annual budget for public approval.
- Vote on the Superintendent’s recommendations on personnel matters and contracts.
- Review courses of study and textbooks.
- Act as a communication link between residents and the Superintendent.
Procedures of the Board
- No person or group of persons acts in the name of the board.
- All motions require a majority vote before the Board can act.
- A board member is in an official capacity only during an official Board meeting.
- The Board employs a Superintendent who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the district and administration of Board policies.
- The Superintendent develops policies, programs and plans for Board action.
Goals of the Board
- All students will graduate college and career ready by meeting or exceeding the state standards.
- Develop a long-term financial plan that encompasses fiscally responsible budgeting while addressing the needs of students and taxpayers.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in promoting collaboration, parent involvement, community partnership, and student achievement.