Tax bill payments must be mailed
The Fonda-Fultonville Central School District would like to advise school district taxpayers that the Montgomery County Treasurer’s Office no longer accepts in-person payments for school tax bills. This means you can no longer pay with a credit or debit card at the county office. You must mail a check or money order to:
Montgomery County Treasurer
P.O. Box 1500
Fonda, NY 12068
Please share this information with your neighbors and anyone who may be affected by this change.
2019-20 Budget Snapshot
Total Budget: $30,339,457
Total Budget Change from 2018-19: $1,012,358 (3.45%)
Tax Levy Change from 2018-19: $155,335 (1.5%)
Tax Levy Limit (“Cap”): 3.89%
Use of Reserves: $484,358
The 2019-20 budget continues all programs from the 2018-19 budget. Program additions that are funded in the 2019-20 budget include:
- The addition of a full-time director of curriculum and instruction. The position will support all departments in grades UPK-12 by working closely with the superintendent and administrators to develop long-range educational plans and implement district-wide initiatives that aim to improve student success. This includes overseeing the district’s transition to the state’s Next Generation Learning Standards, coordinating professional development for teachers and collaborating with educational consultants and State Education Department officials.
- A part-time school counselor — a new state-mandated position — who will support students in grades K-5.
- The first phase of the district’s 1:1 computer initiative. Under a pilot program, students in two secondary grade levels will receive a Chromebook to support their academic studies. The long-term goal is to put a technology device in the hands of each student to increase student collaboration, build research skills and encourage critical thinking, innovation and workplace readiness.
Savings generated by strategic efficiencies, three retirements and a $266,169 increase in state foundation aid will allow the district to enhance its academic program while keeping the tax levy change below the tax cap. The district will additionally use $484,358 in reserves to balance the budget. Savings were generated by reorganizing the district’s transportation budget and by bringing programs in-house that were previously provided by outside providers.
Bus lease proposition
Voters approved a proposition for five-year lease for a 30-passenger bus at a total cost not to exceed $49,000. The district’s current lease for a bus will expire on July 1. With this approval, the district will continue to have three leased buses.
The use of leased buses has generated significant savings for the district in areas that are not eligible for state aid, including prekindergarten transportation and the late bus run.
2019-20 budget by the numbers
- General Support $3,444,050
- Instruction $13,942,823
- Pupil Transportation $2,439,575
- Employee Benefits $7,362,788
- Debt Service $3,145,220
- Interfund Transfers $5,000
- TOTAL $30,339,457
- Property Taxes $10,495,098
- State Aid $18,595,000
- Fund Balance $200,000
- Reserves $284,359
- Other $765,000
- TOTAL $30,339,457
Check the status of your tax bill online
If you’d like to check to see if your school tax bill is paid, the Fonda-Fultonville Central School District Tax Bills are now online. Please note that paid information is on a time-delay and is provided for your convenience only.
This link will take you to the Montgomery County Tax Bill Search and View page. When on this page, click on the drop down arrow for school selection list and click on “Fonda/Fultonville School District-Original and Updated Information Available.” Enter your search information in any of the categories listed and click on the “Submit” button. The listing of school tax bills will appear according to your search criteria. Click on the tax bill number of the school tax bill you would like to view. To print the viewed tax bill, right click and select print.