Budget vote day is Tuesday, May 18
The 2021-22 school budget vote and board of education candidate election will be held from noon to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18 in the high school auditorium.
Budget development is underway
District leaders have begun developing the 2021-22 school budget. FFCS is planning for the impact of ongoing school aid cuts while maintaining the integrity of our school programs.
Superintendent Thomas Ciaccio and School Business Official Tabatha Biggane gave a presentation to the Board of Education during a budget workshop on Feb. 22. They outlined the upcoming budget process and shared information about how state budget problems are impacting the district’s revenue. State budget provisions continue to contribute significant uncertainty for New York schools. It remains unknown if schools will be paid their full school aid amounts for the current budget.
Budget development calendar
- Monday, Feb. 22, 6 p.m. – Budget workshop followed by regular board meeting.
- Monday, March 1 – Deadline to submit Tax Levy Limit information to NYS Comptroller’s Office &
Commissioner of Education and Taxation & Finance.
- Monday, March 22, 6 p.m. – Budget Workshop followed by regular board meeting.
- March 30 to April 3 – Publish first legal notice of annual meeting, board vote and board election (to be published four times during the seven weeks (49 days) preceding the date of election, the first notice to be published no later than 45 days before the election).
- Monday, April 19 – Board election nominating petitions due no later than 5 p.m. Also, voter submitted petitions for ballot propositions, other than those required to be in the notice of the annual meeting, must be submitted.
- Tuesday, April 20 – Must determine the names of all candidates nominated and the propositions and referenda to be voted for on the ballot three days prior to the distribution of military ballots, which occurs no later than 25 days prior to the vote.
- Wednesday, April 21, 6 p.m. – Budget Workshop followed by regular board meeting. Final overview and approval of 2021-2022 budget.
- Friday, April 23 – Transmit “Property Tax Report Card” to SED – by the end of the next business day following approval by BOE (April 21), but no later than 24 days prior to the May 18 budget vote. (24 days falls on Saturday, April 24, best practice would be to transmit it to SED by Friday, April 23.) Also, must distribute military ballots no later than 25 days before the vote.
- Tuesday, April 27 – Complete budget seven days prior to public hearing.
- Tuesday, May 4 – Public Hearing on Proposed 2021-2022 7:00 PM Budget.
- May 4-18 – Copies of budget available to residents.
- Friday, May 7 – Budget notice sent to voters (deadline May 12 – six days prior to vote).
- Tuesday, May 18, noon to 9 p.m. – School district/library budget vote / board of education candidate election in the high school auditorium.
2020-21 Budget Snapshot
Total Budget: $29,847,711
Total Budget Decrease from 2019-20: $1,012,358 or –1.6%
Tax Levy Change from 2019-20: $367,329 or 3.5%
Tax Levy Limit (“Cap”): 6.2%
Use of Reserves: $925,000
Projected State Aid Decrease: $1 million
2019-20 Budget Snapshot
Total Budget: $30,339,457
Total Budget Change from 2018-19: $1,012,358 (3.45%)
Tax Levy Change from 2018-19: $155,335 (1.5%)
Tax Levy Limit (“Cap”): 3.89%
Use of Reserves: $484,358
Check the status of your tax bill online
If you’d like to check to see if your school tax bill is paid, the Fonda-Fultonville Central School District Tax Bills are now online. Please note that paid information is on a time-delay and is provided for your convenience only.
This link will take you to the Montgomery County Tax Bill Search and View page. When on this page, click on the drop down arrow for school selection list and click on “Fonda/Fultonville School District-Original and Updated Information Available.” Enter your search information in any of the categories listed and click on the “Submit” button. The listing of school tax bills will appear according to your search criteria. Click on the tax bill number of the school tax bill you would like to view. To print the viewed tax bill, right click and select print.