The annual school board election and budget vote will be held on Tuesday, May 21. Voting will be held from noon to 9 p.m. in the high school auditorium.
2018-19 Budget Snapshot
Total Budget: $29,327,099
Tax Levy Change from 2017-18: $0
Use of Fund Balance: $0
The 2018-19 budget continues all programs from the 2017-18 budget. Program additions that are funded in the 2018-19 budget include:
- A full-time special education teacher who will serve as a work-based learning coordinator for the Career Development and Occupational Studies program.
- Funding to increase technology equipment in classrooms, including Google Chromebooks and interactive flat panels.
- Increased IT support that teachers need to successfully integrate technology in their instruction.
- Increased school-based counseling support for students through partnerships with agencies such as Berkshire Farms and St. Mary’s.
- A sensory room for students with special needs. A sensory room is a therapeutic space with a variety of equipment that helps children calm and focus themselves, so they can be better prepared for learning and interacting with others.
- A contract with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office to acquire a school resource officer.
The district was able to fund additional programs and services in the budget through strategic efficiencies, savings from eight retirements and a $240,000 increase in state aid. Savings were generated by reorganizing the district’s transportation budget, by joining a health insurance consortium and by bringing programs in-house that were previously provided by outside providers.
By the numbers
- General Support $3,342,549
- Instruction $13,458,701
- Pupil Transportation $2,351,776
- Employee Benefits $7,221,842
- Debt Service $2,947,231
- Interfund Transfers $5,000
- TOTAL $29,327,099
- Property Taxes $10,337,649
- State Aid $18,224,450
- Fund Balance $0
- Reserves $0
- Other $765,000
- TOTAL $29,327,099
Check the status of your tax bill online
If you’d like to check to see if you’re school tax bill is paid, the Fonda-Fultonville Central School District Tax Bills are now online. Please note that paid information is on a time-delay and is provided for your convenience only.
This link will take you to the Montgomery County Tax Bill Search and View page. When on this page, click on the drop down arrow for school selection list and click on “Fonda/Fultonville School District-Original and Updated Information Available.” Enter your search information in any of the categories listed and click on the “Submit” button. The listing of school tax bills will appear according to your search criteria. Click on the tax bill number of the school tax bill you would like to view. To print the viewed tax bill, right click and select print.
All voters must be U.S. citizens, age 18 or older and residents of the district for at least 30 days prior to the vote. Advanced registration is NOT required. You may be asked to show proof of residency (such as a valid ID that lists your address) when voting.