Fonda-Fultonville Central School District voters on May 18 approved a $30,844,918 budget by a vote of 191 to 42, a margin of 82%. The spending plan for the 2021-22 school year continues all existing student programs and support services with a 3.34% year-to-year spending increase and a property tax levy at the district’s limit of 0.29%.
“Our Fonda-Fultonville community has always come together to support one another during challenging times, and our experience over the past year once again proves that,” said Superintendent of Schools Thomas Ciaccio. “As a school district we are grateful for the community’s continued support as we move forward to fill learning gaps, reinstate extracurricular programs, enhance academics and help students to heal the emotional scars resulting from the pandemic.”
Voters also approved by a vote of 203 to 30 a five-year lease for a 28-passenger bus and a 66-passenger bus at a cost not to exceed $157,000 total. Voter approval allows the district to continue to have three leased buses. The use of leased buses has generated significant savings for the district in areas that are not eligible for state aid, including the late bus run.
- FFCS will continue all existing student programs and support services in the 2021-22 budget.
- The year-to-year spending increase amounts to or 3.34% or $997,207.
- The district is balancing the budget through a combination of fund balance, state aid and property taxes. The proposed budget includes a tax levy increase of 0.29%, or $31,353. This is at the tax cap of 0.29%.
- Federal stimulus money is not included in the 2021-22 spending plan. Stimulus funds will not be used for ongoing costs.
2021-22 Proposed Budget Snapshot
- Total Budget: $30,844,918
- Total Budget Change from 2020-21: $997,207 or 3.34%
- Tax Levy Change from 2019-20: $31,353 or 0.29%
- Tax Levy Limit (“Cap”): 0.29%
- Use of Reserves: $1,060,905
2020-21 Budget Snapshot
Total Budget: $29,847,711
Total Budget Decrease from 2019-20: $1,012,358 or –1.6%
Tax Levy Change from 2019-20: $367,329 or 3.5%
Tax Levy Limit (“Cap”): 6.2%
Use of Reserves: $925,000
2019-20 Budget Snapshot
Total Budget: $30,339,457
Total Budget Change from 2018-19: $1,012,358 (3.45%)
Tax Levy Change from 2018-19: $155,335 (1.5%)
Tax Levy Limit (“Cap”): 3.89%
Use of Reserves: $484,358
Check the status of your tax bill online
The Fonda-Fultonville Central School District Tax Bills are online if you’d like to check to see if your school tax bill is paid. Please note that paid information is on a time-delay and is provided for your convenience only.
This link will take you to the Montgomery County Tax Bill Search and View page. When on this page, click on the drop down arrow for school selection list and click on “Fonda/Fultonville School District-Original and Updated Information Available.” Enter your search information in any of the categories listed and click on the “Submit” button. The listing of school tax bills will appear according to your search criteria. Click on the tax bill number of the school tax bill you would like to view. To print the viewed tax bill, right click and select print.