The simple act of recycling at FFCS goes a long way to benefit the greater community.
The FFCS Recycling Team led by teacher Sherri Lott donates proceeds to a local cause every month. Each week, students collect and redeem all returnable bottles from green buckets located throughout the district. The bottles are returned at the Fultonville Redemption Center, which graciously gives the district 6 cents per bottle instead of the traditional 5 cents.
- September: $25 from bottle returns was sent to St. Jude’s in Albany in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
- October: $51 was sent to St. Mary’s Healthcare’s cancer screening services in Amsterdam in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The program offers free breast cancer screening and testing for women.
- November: $54 was given to Christmas Cheer, FFCS’s holiday giveback program for families in need.
- December: $37 was deposited in an account for the children of an FFCS faculty member whose spouse passed away.
- January: $69 was donated to the Class of 2019’s prom.
- February: $40 was donated to the Haven of Hope Ecumenical Food Pantry.
- March: $38 was donated to the Fonda Reformed Church.
- April: $54 was donated to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis walk that is held annually at FFCS in June.