The Board of Education of the Fonda-Fultonville Central School District declares that it is the policy of this school district to provide a safe and secure environment to all those persons, students, staff and visitors, who lawfully enter upon district property or who travel in district vehicles for the purposes of the district.
It shall be the responsibility of the Superintendent of Schools to establish and carry out written regulations which will:
- Identify those staff members who will be responsible for the effective administration of the regulations.
- Provide staff time and other necessary resources for the effective administration of the regulations.
- Establish periodic written review of the activities of the staff to insure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide an on-going mechanism to provide effective review of safety and security concerns of the staff, students and affected public.
- Provide for periodic reports to the Board of Education regarding the significant aspects of safety and security of the District.
Labor Law Section 27-a
12 NYCRR Part 820, Article 28
NOTE: Refer also to Policy #5681–School Safety Plans