Except for policy actions to be taken on emergency measures, the adoption, amendment or deletion of Board policies shall follow the process outlined below. This process will take place at least at two regular meetings of the Board.
1. Announcement and distribution of proposed new or revised policies as an item of information.
2. Opportunity offered to concerned groups or individuals to react to policy proposals.
3. Discussion by the Board of policy proposals.
The final vote to adopt or not to adopt shall follow by at least four weeks from the meeting at which policy proposals are first placed on the agenda.
1. Prior to enactment, all policy proposals shall be titled and coded as appropriate to subject and in conformance with the codification system used in the Board policy manual.
2. Insofar as possible, each policy statement shall be limited to one subject.
3. Policies and amendments adopted by the Board shall be attached to and made a part of the minutes of the meeting at which they are adopted and shall also be included in the policy manual of the district.
4. Policies and amendment to policies shall be effective immediately upon adoption unless a specific effective date is provided in the adoption resolution.
On matters of unusual urgency, the Board may waive the four-week limitation and take immediate action to adopt new or revise existing policies. When such immediate action is necessary, the Superintendent shall inform concerned groups or individuals about the reasons for this necessity.
* Reason for urgency should appear in the minutes.