The 2018-19 wall calendar is in production and will be mailed to families. In the meantime, here is a list of calendar dates for the upcoming school year. All of these dates are listed on the district’s online calendar.
These calendars are powered by Google Calendar. You can sync these dates with your computer or mobile device. Learn how on the calendar page.
Conference and Recess Days
Additional building-specific dates are listed below.
Note about early dismissal: Early dismissal times are 11:45 a.m. for the elementary school, and noon for the middle school and high school, unless otherwise noted.
- Superintendent’s Conference Day (No School For Students): Sept. 4
- First Day of Classes Grades 1-12: Sept. 5
- First Day of Classes Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten: Sept. 6
- Superintendent’s Conference Day (No School For Students): Oct. 5
- Columbus Day Observed(No School): Oct. 8
- Scheduled 2-Hour Delay for Staff Development: Nov. 1
- Veterans Day Observed (No School): Nov. 12
- Early Release for Students: Nov. 16
- Regional Go Home Early Drill (Students dismissed 15 minutes early): Nov. 20
- Thanksgiving Recess (No School): Nov. 21-23
- Holiday Recess (No School): Dec. 24-31
- New Year’s Day Observed (No School): Jan. 1
- Classes Resume: Jan. 2
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (No School): Jan. 21
- Winter Break: Feb. 18-22
- Superintendent’s Conference Day (No School for Students): March 13
- Early Release: March 15
- Good Friday (No School): April 19
- Spring Break (No School): April 22-26
- Memorial Day Observed (No School): May 27
- Early Release: June 24-25
- Last Day for Students: June 25
- Superintendent’s Conference Day: June 26
Important District-Wide Dates
Note about NYS testing: NYS assessments are one- or two-day exams. The highlighted dates are the “testing windows,” or the range of possible dates.
- Advantage After School Program start and end dates: Sept. 10 to June 21
- Marking period end dates: Nov. 9, Jan. 25, April 12, June 28
- Report Cards distributed: Nov. 14, Jan. 31, April 17 (Quarters 1-3 for all school buildings), June 25 (4th Quarter ES), July 2 (4th Quarter MS/HS)
- Progress reports: Oct. 11, Dec. 20, March 12, May 23
- Parent conferences: Nov.15 5-8 p.m., Nov. 16 12-2:30 p.m., March 14 5-8 p.m., March 15 12-2:30 p.m.
- Regional Go Home Early Drill, Students released 15 minutes early: Nov. 20
- Veterans Celebration: Nov. 9
- Fall Drama Production: Nov. 16-17
- Spring Musical: April 5-7
- NYS testing windows: April 1-4 (ELA Grades 3-8); April 30-May 2 (Math Grades 3-8); May 22-23 (Science Performance Test Grades 4 & 8); June 3 (Science Written Test – Grades 4 & 8)
- Regents exam testing window: Jan. 22-25, June 3, June 18-26
- School Budget Vote and Board of Education Election: Tuesday, May 21 noon-9 p.m.
- School pictures: Tues., Sept. 11 through Fri., Sept. 14
- Open house: Thursday, Sept. 20
- 4th Grade Open House: Tuesday, Sept. 4 from 3-5 p.m.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten Orientation: Wednesday, Sept. 5
- Pre-K and Kindergarten first day of school: Thursday, Sept. 6
- Pre-K moving up ceremony: Thursday, June 20
- K moving up ceremony: Monday, June 24
- 4th grade moving up ceremony: Wednesday, June 19
- Awards Ceremony: Friday, June 21
- School pictures: Sept. 19-20
- Open house: Thursday, Sept. 13
- Winter concert & snow date: Tuesday, Dec. 18 6:30 p.m. (snow date Dec. 20)
- Spring concerts: Middle school concert I Tuesday, June 11 6:30; middle school concert II Thursday, June 13 6:30 p.m.
- American Education Festival: Nov. 6, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Gr. 8 Celebration Carnival Assembly: June 25 8:15-9:15 a.m.
- Course add/drop period: Sept. 10-12
- School pictures: Sept. 26-27
- Open house: Thursday, Sept. 27 @ 6pm-7:30pm
- Financial Aid Night: Oct. 9 @ 6:30
- PSAT exam: Oct. 10
- SAT registration deadlines: Sept. 7, Oct. 5, Nov. 2, Feb. 8, April 5, May 3
- SAT exams: Oct. 6, Nov. 3, Dec. 1, March 9, May 4, June 1
- ACT registration deadlines: Sept. 28, Nov. 2, March 8, May 3
- ACT exams: Sept. 8, Oct. 27, Dec. 8, April 13, June 8
- Winter concerts & snow date: High school concert I Dec. 11 6:30 p.m. (Dec. 17 snow date); High school concert II Thursday, Dec. 13 6:30 p.m. (Dec. 17 snow date)
- FFCS Jazz Festival: Feb. 14
- New Hartford Jazz Festival: Friday, March 1
- Montgomery County All County Festival: Saturday, March 2 at FFCS
- Oneida Jazz Festival: March 7-8
- FFCS Jazz Night: Wednesday, April 17 6:30 p.m.
- Spring concert: High school concert I Thursday, May 16 6:30 p.m.; High school concert II Thursday, May 23 6:30 p.m.
- Sherburne Pageant of the Bands: June 1
- Last day of HS classes: June 14
- Junior Prom & After Prom Event: May 18
- Baccalaureate: June 26
- Awards night: June 27
- Graduation: June 29
Board of Education Meeting Schedule
The Board of Education meets at 6:30 p.m. on the following dates in the middle school multi-purpose rooms. The meetings are open to the public, and community members are welcome to attend.
- Monday, Aug. 27
- Monday, Sept. 24
- Tuesday, Oct. 9
- Monday, Nov. 19
- Monday, Dec. 17
- Monday, Jan. 28
- Monday, Feb. 25
- Monday, March 25
- Wednesday, April 17
- Tuesday, May 21
- Monday, June 24
PTSA Meetings & Events
PTSA meetings are held at 6 p.m. on the following dates in the middle school multi-purpose room.
- Thursday, Sept. 13, meeting
- Thursday, Oct. 11, meeting
- Thursday, Nov. 8, meeting
- Thursday, Dec. 13, meeting
- Thursday, Jan. 10, meeting
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, meeting
- Thursday, March 14, meeting
- Thursday, April 11, meeting
- Thursday, May 9, meeting
- Sunday, June 9, car show
- Thursday, June 13, meeting