2018-19 Budget Development and Vote
This year’s budget vote and Board of Education election is scheduled Tuesday, May 15 from noon to 9 p.m. in the high school auditorium.
Budget Development Calendar
All budget workshops are open to the public. Families, residents and community members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Monday, Feb. 26: Budget workshop and presentation at 6 p.m. prior to the regular board meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 1: Deadline to submit tax levy limit information to NYS Comptroller’s Office & Commissioner of Education and Taxation & Finance.
- Monday, March 26: Budget workshop and presentation at 6 p.m. prior to the regular board meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- March 30 to April 1: Legal notice of annual meeting, budget vote and board election is published four times.
- Monday, April 16: Board of Education nominating petitions are due no later than 5 p.m. Voter submitted petitions for ballot propositions, other than those required to be in the notice of the annual meeting, must also be submitted.
- Thursday, April 19: Final overview and approval of 2018-19 budget. Budget workshop and presentation at 6 p.m. prior to the regular board meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 20: Send Property Tax Report Card to the NYS Education Department by the end of the next business day, following approval by the Board of Education.
- Wednesday, April 25: Deadline to adopt the budget.
- Wednesday, May 2: Public hearing at 7 p.m. on the proposed 2018-19 budget.
- Tuesday, May 1: Copies of the budget become available to residents.
- Monday, May 7: Budget notice is sent to voters.
- Tuesday, May 15: Budget vote and Board of Education election from noon to 9 p.m. in the high school auditorium.
All voters must be U.S. citizens, age 18 or older and residents of the district for at least 30 days prior to the vote. Advanced registration is NOT required. You may be asked to show proof of residency (such as a valid ID that lists your address) when voting.
2017-18 Budget Snapshot
Total Budget: $28,210,880
Spending Increase: 5.57%
Tax Levy Change from 2016-17: 1.9%
Maximum Allowable Tax Levy Increase: 2.41%
Use of Fund Balance: $93,549
2016-17 Budget Snapshot
Total Budget: $26,722,928
Spending Increase: 2.74%
Tax Levy Change from 2015-16: 0
Use of Fund Balance: $174,007
Check the status of your tax bill online
If you’d like to check to see if you’re school tax bill is paid, the Fonda-Fultonville Central School District Tax Bills are now online. Please note that paid information is on a time-delay and is provided for your convenience only.
This link will take you to the Montgomery County Tax Bill Search and View page. When on this page, click on the drop down arrow for school selection list and click on “Fonda/Fultonville School District-Original and Updated Information Available.” Enter your search information in any of the categories listed and click on the “Submit” button. The listing of school tax bills will appear according to your search criteria. Click on the tax bill number of the school tax bill you would like to view. To print the viewed tax bill, right click and select print.